Cooked in chicken stock with the kale and a bit of goat cheese and topped with roasted tomatoes and a sliver more of goat cheese.
Kale & Goat Cheese Oatmeal: Serves 1
- 1/2 C. Oatmeal*
- 1 C. Organic, low sodium chicken stock
- 1 small clove chopped garlic
- 1 Scant tsp. of olive oil
- 1 hand full of washed and chopped kale
- About 1 -2 tsp. of goat cheese
- Roasted cherry or grape tomatoes for garnish
- Light grating of Pecorino Romano cheese for garnish
- Lightly sauté the garlic in the olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the oats & kale, bring back to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring enough to keep the oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- I like my oatmeal “al dente” so I keep cooking till most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Stir in the goat cheese till it melts and is creamy.
- Top with a sliver of goat cheese, the roasted tomatoes and a dusting of pecorino.
*Note: I use Quaker rolled oats because I’m on a budget but feel free to use your favorite brand and cook longer if required