Yep. You read that right. Honey roasted organic peanut butter cooked with the oats and topped with jam and toasted nuts. I was craving strawberry or raspberry jam but all I had was apricot. I was also out of peanuts so I toasted pumpkin seeds. Still pretty tasty.
PB&J Oatmeal: Serves 1
- 1/2 C. Oatmeal*
- 1 C. Water
- About a 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. Organic honey roasted creamy peanut butter
- 1/2- 1 tsp. of honey (if you don’t have the honey roasted peanuts)
- 2 tsp. Jam of your choice – I love homemade Strawberry or Raspberry (recipe to come)
- 1-2 Tbs. Chopped roasted peanuts
- Bring the water and cinnamon to a boil.
- Stir in the oats & peanut butter (and honey if using) and cook for 5 minutes, stirring enough to keep the oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- I like my oatmeal “al dente” so I keep cooking till most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Top with the jam and the chopped peanuts
*Note: I use Quaker rolled oats because I’m on a budget but feel free to use your favorite brand and cook longer if required