Five Spiced Pear Oatmeal: Serves 1
- 1/2 C. Oatmeal*
- 1 C. Pear Juice**
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese 5-spice powder (less if you like a lighter flavor)
- 2 Tbs. Roasted Pear, diced
- Garnish: Roasted pear, dash of 5-spice powder (I also added some toasted walnuts and a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds for added crunch)
- Bring the juice, spice, and diced pear to a boil
- Stir in the oats and cook for 5 minutes, stirring enough to keep the oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan
- I like my oatmeal “al dente” so I keep cooking till most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Top with the roasted pear, 5-spice powder and anything else that makes your oatmeal uniquely yours!
Notes: *I use Quaker rolled oats because I’m on a budget but feel free to use your favorite brand and cook longer if required. **When buying fruit juices to cook with you want them to be as natural as possible. Sometimes I make my own by pureeing fruit that’s in season and ripe and blending it with water till it’s the consistency I want.